Animal Essentials - Plant Enzymes & Probiotics
New Packaging... same great product!
This all-natural supplement assists in the digestion and absorption of nutrients critical to good health.
The plant enzymes and probiotics work to break down fats, carbohydrates, cellulose and protein so the body can utilize them. Digestive enzymes are not stored in the body, instead they are produced at the time of each feeding triggered by anticipation of eating or the aromas of the food. But as the body ages it produces fewer enzymes, so supplementation is necessary for optimum health. A digestive aid is also necessary when the animal is affected by excitement, anxiety or stress such as travel or separation, which disrupt digestion. In addition, this formula replenishes natural enzymes in pet food that are typically destroyed by heat processing or oxidation. Animal Essentials’ enzymes contain a blend of plant and microbial enzymes, none of which come from animal sources. Animal-derived enzymes work in only one area of the digestive system, while plant and microbial enzymes work throughout the whole system, from mouth to stomach to intestines. The probiotic component of the formula is Bacillus Coagulans, a well-researched, FDA-approved strain of beneficial bacteria in spore form. These spores remain inactive until introduced to saliva, water or digestive acids in the stomach.
- Refrigeration not required.
- No lactose, sugar or preservatives.
Cats 1/4 teaspoon added to food once daily. Dogs: 1/4 teaspoon for each 30 lbs of body weight added to food once daily.
Digestive enzymes are special types of protein molecules that catalyze the breakdown of food into components that can be utilized by the body. These proteins are not stored in the body but are released into the digestive system based on the anticipation aroma or the actual presence of food. Because they are not stored they must be taken with each meal.
Animal Essentials’ enzymes contain a blend of plant and microbial produced enzymes, none of which come from animal sources. Animal derived enzymes will work in only one area of the digestive system (stomach and intestines), while plant and microbial enzymes work throughout the whole system, from the mouth through the stomach into the intestines. Since our enzymes work over a broader pH range they are active longer in the entire digestive process, reducing the food into usable components.
As your dog or cat’s body ages less enzymes are produced and supplementation is necessary for optimum health. Digestive efficiency can also be reduced by excitement, anxiety or stress of any sort (travel, separation, working stress, etc.). To insure optimum digestion and health we recommend the addition of this supplement to each meal. The supplement should be moistened and added to the food shortly before feeding to be optimally effective.
Each enzyme works on a specific type of food and these are listed below along with the other key ingredients probiotic and calcium.
Enzymes Present in the Formula:
- ALPHA AMYLASE: helps in the digestion of carbohydrates by helping to hydrolyze the alpha 1-4 glycosidic linkages of polysaccharides to dextrin, D-glucose, maltose and oligosaccharides.
- BETA AMYLASE: works on the end of the starch molecules instead of in the center, as does alpha-amylase and results in the production of sugars from the starch molecules.
- PROTEASES: work on proteins to reduce them to individual amino acids (what they are composed of); some of these are acid stable proteases that start their work in the stomach. Proteins take the longest and are the most difficult food component to digest. With acid stable protease the decomposition starts earlier in the digestive tract, thus providing more complete digestion.
- LIPASE: helps to metabolize fats (triglycerides). The fats are broken down into mono glycerides, diglycerides and glycerol. If given in larger quantities the Lipases can enter the bloodstream and help remove excess triglycerides from the arteries and the veins improving circulation.
- CELLULASE: as the name implies, breaks down cellulose (fiber) by helping to break down cell walls, resulting in both necessary solubleand insoluble fiber.
- HEMICELLULASE: hemi cellulose and an amorphous (sticky) type of cellulose that form long strings as cellulose, is crystalline. This enzyme helps break this polymer down into its individual sugars---primarily xylose.
- BROMELAIN: is extracted from pineapple (Ananas comosus) and is a protolytic (protein) digesting enzyme, that helps break the proteins into oligio peptides and amino acids.
- PROBIOTIC: is a lactic acid producing bacteria, which bears spores. These organisms exhibit the characteristics of both the genera Lactobacillus and Bacillus. Because they are encapsulated in spores these organisms are protected from the environment and heat. They are activated in the gut by the hydrochloric acid, producing lactic acid bacteria. Treatment with antibiotics results in the killing of these bacteria, which guard against yeast colonies (candida yeast species). These desirable bacteria inhibit the growth of putrid bacterial in the intestine, thereby maintaining the balance of intestinal flora.
- CALCIUM SULFATE: the primary carrier or excipient for this product is food grade and adds a minimum amount of calcium to the diet, about 200 mg per gm of product.
DOGS - 1/4 teaspoon for each 30 lbs of the dog's body weight, once daily.
CATS - 1/4 teaspoon, once daily.